The lovely Michelle nomimated me to do this tag. With my old blog I used to be a bit lazy with tags and kind of forgot about them until they all piled up and I felt like a bad human for not doing them and wasting the time of whoever took the time to link to my blog (which I find very stressful as I always seem to get people urls wrong). But today, I thought why not? This tag is a little different to the more popular/common ones AND I am trying to relax more at the moment so listening to music will hopefully help me do that. 🙂
So, here are the rules:
Put your music on shuffle and list the first 15 songs to play (no cheating) then tag 10 others to do it as well.
To make it a bit different, I’ve decided to write a bit about each song too but you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.
Here are my songs! (Apologies if they all turn out to be by the same artist, my phone is pretty terrible at shuffling sometimes):
– Iscariot, Walk the Moon.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SONG!! It is so slow compared to their other music but it has so much emotion and meaning and just GAHHHH I LOVE IT.
– Bad Blood, Bastille.
I feel like a bad Bastille fan because I always think of Taylor Swift whenever I see Bad Blood come up on my playlist. But anyway, it’s a great, powerful song and probably one of the first I listened to by them.
– Shiver Shiver, Walk the Moon.
It’s upbeat and catchy and pretty damn cool (along with all their other songs).
– Little Shocks, Kaiser Chiefs.
I LOVE THIS. Seriously, it is really good and I love the beats and guitar riffs. I love how the song has a sort of tense atmosphere about it too.
– Roses, Kaiser Chiefs.
Ugh…I am gonna hate myself for saying this, but I don’t really like this song. I don’t know what it is about it…maybe because it’s slower and downbeat than their other songs…idk. The lyrics are quite meaningful though which is nice.
– Icarus, Bastille.
I always find myself randomly singing this song, it always gets stuck in my head!! That can only be a good thing though because the song is amazing!
– Misery Company, Kaiser Chiefs.
THIS is awesome. Really, even with the slightly creepy laughing in the middle. It’s really rocky too (in my opinion, I don’t listen to heavy rock so correct me if I’m wrong).
– Bows & Arrows, Kaiser Chiefs. Again this is awesone too. It’sreally upbeat and rocky and catchy and…yeah I love the lyrics too!
– Weight of Living Pt. 2, Bastille.
I love this so damn much…the lyrics…the tune…everything.
– Best Fake Smile, James Bay.
Finally a different artist!! I find this song really relatable, especially the lyric ‘nobody needs a best fake friend’. Also I love this more rocky side of James Bay’s music.
– Get Out While You Can, James Bay. This is my absolute favourite James Bay song. I love playing it on guitar too because it sounss really good on guitar (well duh…he plays it on the guitar). It’s really inspirational and motivational – if you’re feeling a bit stressed or upset, I recommend listening to it.
– Things We Lost in the Fire, Bastille. Again this is probably.one of the first songs I heard from Bastille so naturally I am in love with it (or else why would I have listened to their other music?).
– You Can Have It All, Kaiser Chiefs. Also VERY relatable and…deep. It’s different to some of the other Kaiser Chiefs songs like Bows & Arrows and Misery Company – I mean, it’s slower but it is still upbeat if that makes sense.
– Fixin’, Walk the Moon.
Another slow Walk the Moon song. Amen. You can really appreciate the beauty of their voices in this.
– What Would You Do, Bastille. I really like this song, it really makes you think and evaluate yourself plus it has a good rythm.
So that’s my 15 “shuffled” songs – as I said earlier, my phone has a bit of trouble shuffling the 110-ish songs on it so unfortuantely I didn’t get to listen to any Vance Joy, Milky Chance or The Kooks :(.
I don’t have time to nominate anyone right now, so if anyone wants to do the tag, go ahead!
Hope I’ve given you some new songs to listen to!